No phone signal?
Info-Point delivers your information to your visitors' mobile devices
What does it do?
Who is using it?
Major historic and natural heritage organisations such as the National Trust, National Trust for Scotland, Cadw, RSPB, and Canal and River Trust as well as high-profile visitor attractions such as the Tower of London (Historic Royal Palaces). At the other end of the scale, small independent and volunteer-led museums and visitor centres, such as Coombe Mill, and Ryhope Steam Pumping Station. Professional interpreters are major players in developing innovative content for the info-Point platform and recommending it for appropriate projects - see our list of Partners. We are always more than happy to provide references and testimonials that are relevant to your project.
What are the advantages?
- Requires no internet connection or phone signal
- Compatible with all web-browsing devices
- Familiar and intuitive user interface
- Does not require the user to download or install anything
- Easy to upload and update the content yourself
- Bandwidth and capacity for all media types is assured permanently
- Multi-lingual with instant language-switching capability
- Indoor or outdoor location
- Extensible across large sites
- Lower capital cost/less maintenance than traditional audio-visual hardware
- No ongoing charges for the owner
- No data charges for the user (vital for overseas users who are 'roaming')
- Secure – no equipment need be exposed
- Can be operated 24/7
- Power consumption 25 watts (similar to a low-energy bulb)
- Will auto-recover from power failures or internal lock-ups
- Records visitor statistics for analytics
- Revenue-earning sponsored advertising content possible
- Pay per use possible
- Only those who visit the site can access the content
- Can be integrated with QR codes and NFC tags
- Cannot compromise your IT system
- No-quibble satisfaction guarantee plus 3-year hardware warranty
What can it be used for?
- Heritage interpretation
- Visitor information
- Guided tours
- Outdoor Advertising
- Waiting and reception areas
- Institutional buildings and campuses
What is the visitor experience?
You use your signs and leaflets to alert visitors to the Info-Point facility. The visitor connects to a Wi-Fi hot-spot called 'Info-Point' (there is no password unless you choose to restrict access). It's the same as they would do at home or at an internet cafe.
Having connected to the Wi-Fi, the user opens their browser, which is directed to your home page. From there they can interact with whatever content you have uploaded. They are only able to access what is on the Info-Point unit that they are connected to. They can't browse the wider internet or open emails etc.
Once the user moves out of range, the Info-Point content will no longer be available to them, although any content you have made downloadable can be saved on their device for use later, such as leaflets, maps or outdoor trails.
How does it work?
Contact us if you have a specific project in mind. We, or our creative content Partners, can provide demonstrations, or a loan unit to evaluate and test on site. We also have an on-line simulator so that you can upload and test your own content for mobile use. If you just want us to keep you updated for now, then use the panel on this page to subscribe to our newsletter.